Saturday, February 28, 2004

Well. What to do with all this sudden free time. While it away in roleplay online? Tempting. But the forum rp I've tentatively joined doesn't move that fast - and this is a real-time rpers definition of fast, so that means the forum actually moves along at a damn good clip - and I really don't feel like talking that much on irc. Depression does that to you. Hey, I knew there had to be a low coming to correspond with the high I felt at Further Confusion. I just didn't realize it would be this low.
But self-pity aside, there's one thing depression and free time is good for. Yes, artistic sort that I strive at being, my creativity ought to spawn forth and bloom on the diet of angst, no? Well, we're going to find out. I've set a goal for myself, at least. Finish all the short stories I've got dangling and have had unfinished forever, rewrite Kaz's bio (because, let's face it, it was written in '97 and was more than a little cheesy), get the pics I've got scanned and out to their owners - old and new alike.
I even did my very first fanart pic a little while ago, of the two minotaurs in the online comic Gaming Guardians, Brahma and Angus. It was so nice to stumble on that, and see minotaurs portrayed as something other than evil, other than the lovable brute, and other than stupid... or all three at once. Angus doesn't count, because he's not truly stupid. And I'll bite anyone who calls him that. Himself included. They're characters with more than a little depth to them, thank goodness. A refreshing change of pace.
Personally, I think it's utterly hilarious how similar Kaz is to them. In the big, brown, and longhorned department, anyhow. They're not portrayed in a style I usually like - more humanoid than I make most of my minotaurs, and with those damn rings - but they're handled so well, I hardly notice. It's the characterization that makes them shine.
But! Pain medication's finally kicking in, so perhaps now I'll be able to sleep.


Ja-ola cheslo, claehj nir nahaf.

Sleep well, dream of glory.


Kaz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home