Friday, December 21, 2007

Winter now. Rain is falling, the nights are cold, and ice frosts the mornings.


Someone stole two of my hubcaps. The ones on the right side are still there because I park next to a hedge. It costs $80 to replace just one. I'm not buying any more. They'd just get taken, too. I just can't have anything nice. Something always happens to it.

I'm going to have to put Mithril down tomorrow. Her back hasn't gotten any better from when she injured it a while back - she can't jump on things anymore, and her muscles have atrophied back there. In addition, her chronic upper respiratory infection came back, and is no longer responding to the medications. She felt so bad, she was hiding, so I couldn't even give her her meds. Finally, I confined her to a room so I could do so. She's been getting dehydrated, and I've been giving her fluids. She'll no longer take treats - I've been having to burrito-wrap her and force the pills down her throat. She's depressed because she's confined, and runs away from me. And she's been like that for a month now. The meds just aren't working, and she's miserable.

That's just... no way for her to live.

Tomorrow. Tonight, she's being spoiled rotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home