Monday, March 08, 2004

Well. Crawling progress made on one short story. Depression just isn't the fuel it used to be, I suppose. But, even at a snail's pace, there is some. With any luck, I'll finish one of the oldest story fragments about the time I get a new job, which will then eat up my time to write.
*snorts* Sorry. Just getting a little snarly. I finally filed for unemployment, something I really rather dislike. I have a job, I should be able to -work-. Well. Not quite, even then. I've been doing better, and today, I went to the bank to depost my last check from the vet hospital, which finally arrived. A whopping $181 bucks with some odd change. It'll pay a couple of the bills, though, so I'm thankful there's any at all. Still, I have more that are due, and not enough money. Then, I started doing a few minor things around the house that I haven't been up to lately because of my back. Laundry, a little cleaning. That was a mistake. *sighs* Though I felt better, evidently I shouldn't have done it, because after doing a couple things, my back started hurting again. I took some more of the prescription pain pills and sat down in the chair a while. It got better when the medication kicked in, but it's still disheartening. I suppose I shouldn't be impatient and let everything heal, but I've been taking it easy, and I've never had a pulled muscle last this long. *grumbles* Pain in the tail.
I suppose it was a pride issue with the unemployment. It feels to me like a failure though, being unable to support myself without help. *taps a claw meditatively on the desk* Well. For a protracted period. Short term help I've not liked, but appreciated in the past, and I pay back my debts first thing when I recover. I have tried to get other jobs. The city shelter still hasn't called back, and when I made inquiries, I found out the opening has been pushed back. Again. So they're extending the round of initial interviews. And the other possibility has also not gotten back to me, though I've tried to call. No news after an interview is not good news. Mreh. *lashes tail irritably and snatches a book* Maybe some reading will help.


I to my perils
Of cheat and charmer
Came clad in armor
By stars benign.
Hope lies to mortals
And most believe her
But man's deciever
Was never mine.


-- A.E. Houseman.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home