Monday, October 27, 2008

Farewell to Food

I had my mandatory evaluation by a psychologist today, to see if I was mentally able to have the surgery. Just one of the many hoops I've begun jumping through. I got sent a questionnaire by email, and we talked about my answers and other stuff relating to the operation for 2 hours. Conclusion? I've got issues (*snort* Big surprise there.), but am cleared to continue on and get the surgery. And since my post-op kit arrived, with my "meal replacement" drinks, I'm no longer going to be able to eat... well... food. Though normally these are only started on 2 weeks before the surgery date, I'm sooooo fortunate in that the doctor wants me starting on them RIGHT NOW. I understand the reasons, but it's going to be a pain in the booty over Thanksgiving. Ah well. No pain, no gain, isn't that what they say? So mi familia gathered for a "Farewell to Food" dinner. I had mozzarella sticks, steak and lobster, and it was gooood. No, I didn't overeat. Didn't even go for a dessert. I am going to miss my Arizona green tea and honey, though. *sniff* But the doctor told me that getting away from the commercial green tea and just having it plain would still be okay. So there's hope!

Also, sheer awesomeness in the way of a Halloween icon from the fantastical oCe.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home