Sunday, March 14, 2004

I am weary of this song.
It will not go away.
It simply changes, in the details.
In the beat of day to day.
I am tired of this ache,
This persistent haunting tune.
Days that pass too slowly,
And days that end too soon.

And sleep runs on before me,
And I have left the sun behind.
All I have is breaking.
And all I get is time.
Something in me just stopped working.
Something in me just won’t care.
I’m so tired of being lonely,
But not brave enough to share.

How do I tell them, really?
That this is nothing you want to know.
That I would rather go on hurting,
Than wound another soul.
How to tell them all I’m tired,
How to refuse the heart in hand.
My song of solitude is rising,
A solo without the band.

I can feel the warmth it offers,
You think it doesn’t tempt?
I want to feel it wrap around me.
Leave the rain and wet.
It’s been a long hard battle.
You think I do not fight?
I’ve warred every daylight’s dawning.
Every descending night.

Inner battles are always the hardest.
Inner turmoil always the worst.
Some hearts have cores of darkness,
And some are just plain cursed.
Fate is nothing more than defeat,
I’ll take destiny any day.
At least then I have a choice.
And it matters what I say.

Another long night waning.
Another dawn ahead.
Another hour wasted.
Another daybreak fled.
Sun and moon begin your dance,
And I will begin mine.
It’s a long long way to fall,
And even longer way to climb.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home