Monday, July 19, 2004

Lots to talk about this time. Mr.B has gotten a new computer, so I had to hurry up and get my pics scanned and cleaned and colored, because mine will be moving out, and his will be getting hooked up. So of course, access to all my stuff will be inaccessable to me, though I'll still be able to put the basic necessecities on his machine until I move out. Besides, it was past time to get the pics out to their owners. Even so, if anyone wonders why I don't scan in my stuff more often? Let me give you the total of what it cost me this time. I'm not kidding when I say it costs me money to scan pics. Kinko's charges 40 cents per minute to use the computer with the scanner. I had roughly 30 pics to scan, some twice, because I was going to color a few or try to, and I had to scan the unshaded versions first, shade it, then rescan. Add to that, I had to resize all the pics to fit on a few disks, and flip them because the way the scanner was positioned meant I had to scan them all in upside down - sketchbook, y'know -  it wound up taking a bit over two hours. That time cost me $10 to leave my car in the parking garage, because there was absolutely no parking in the street. Total cost of scanning pics? $64.40. Ouch. I hadn't meant to stay that long. It was partly my own fault for losing track of time and just working on through. But there it is.
Move-out date: Has changed. Evidently I was mistaken, and in restrospect I'm not surprised. When I thought he said I had to be out by August 1st, he'd actually said the 31st. So I've got another month to go, and a good thing, considering the EDD is dragging their feet, my former employer VCA is trying to claim I voluntarily quit, and I've only managed to save about $500 total for the move as of yet, though now I'm at least debt-free.  Still don't know where I'll be moving to, Watsonville, CA or Oklahoma.
 
Site Update: Changed the page for pictures done of Kaz and some of my other characters by other artists to have thumbnails, and added two pictures by Tanamin and AceXCat, as well as a lost little pic of Kaz as a plushy. Go here to see.
Added new pictures to the Other Pics page, including fanart for Unicornography, a giraffe anthro, a fox anthro, and a picture of Travesty, my homicidal battle-bred character.
Added a whopping 15 pictures to the Minotaur Pics section, including fanart for Gaming Guardians, a gift for Brahma, a gift for Fluri-Mouse, requests for characters from the players of Zarx and Sasha, as well as pic of me from Further Confusion. 
There are frivolous bits of fun like the color version of a young Asterion, a sketch requested of an impossibility, a metal minotaur, and two random minotaurs looking cool.
There are also some more personal pictures, of me. I rarely draw Kaz for the simple reason that I have a hard time drawing the same thing twice. Actually, I can't do it at all, and when striving for character consistency, that really bites. This has been a rough enough time though, that I've actually on occasion over the past months, done what so many do, and vent through the pencil. Therefore, I also present Kaz1, Kaz2, Kaz3, Kaz4, and Kaz5.


No, I've not been a happy minotaur.


1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvelous pictures! I won't comment on which ones happen to be my favorites, because we've already had this discussion via other pathways. *grins*

Why am I posting a response to this, then?

1. Revenge for being a smartass with me on LiveJournal. (Gotta love payback, huh?)

2. 'Cause I can put in an official vote for you to uproot yourself from the City of Pavement and move to Cow Country, USA. Further incentive other than having 24 hour access to your addiction known as AL? One word: Meers. Meers. Meers. Meers. Get my drift? I owe you two, remember? I'm quite willing to fork over the money for them beautiful pieces of beef! You just gotta get here to enjoy it.

ALoicious. (You'll have to ask Mr. B for the proper spelling, of course.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home