Friday, July 22, 2005

I serenaded the moon tonight. It was full and bright, and so pale, but a clean pale. No clouds marred the dark dark blue of the sky, silvered by the light Luna was putting out in surprisingly high wattage. None but the brightest stars could show their faces in the moon's wake. The night air was cool but not cold, just a bit of a nip to it, and laden with the scent of the ocean and the sand. Somehow, the moon managed to be right smack in front of me most of the drive home after work, and when the road straightened out, I wasn't merely rolling down the highway, I was on the road to the moon. Companionably, I started singing, the radio and I giving our best duet of Proud Mary. I love that there is no orange glow obscuring the sky and the horizon and the stars, no competition for starshine and moonglow. No skyscrapers to fight with oak and cypress and mountainline in the distance. I can see again. Breathe again. I don't think I've mentioned how much that soothes me, how that aspect of being back I don't regret at all.
Also, my parents are back from their roadtrip early, having gotten in last night. They had an overall good time, saw the Grand Canyon and the Painted Desert, ate at a place whose heavenly prime rib they lovingly described to me just to make me drool, and did much sundry other things, in between leaving here and visiting Brad's sister in Kentucky. So, while I'm glad they're back, *sigh* I was just getting used to being able to sit down and use the computer whenever the whim struck me. Like for writing. I felt like doing so when I got home tonight, but Brad was playing online poker, and then my muse got tired of waiting around. Even so, I've managed to coax her back to work a little more on "The Fragile Walls" though mostly editing and some revision/expansion. Also worked a bit on another short I'll post once the first draft is done, "Fruit from the Tree". Minotaur story. More on that another time.
Also, I'm thinking of joining a band. A specific one, not just the idle wishing I've been doing for a while now. Time to go buy some reeds and get my chops back in shape.

1 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A band, eh? Sounds nice. What sort of music?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home