Friday, June 16, 2006

So. For school I needed to get an externship at a clinic. Got a list of things I need to do, and a requirement of 240 hours to put in between the nineteenth of this month, and the twenty-eighth of next. That's about forty hours a week. I was hoping to get a paying job, that would hopefully continue throughout the rest of my schooling, as in general, the pay is better than what I make at Kmart, and applies to my hireability after taking the test and (hopefully) passing, once I get the AS degree in Animal Health Technology.

Oh. Some good news. No taking microbiology again. Despite my worry and less than stellar performance in the class, I managed to pull it off with a B at the end. All my other classes were A's, one B in Clinical Procedures, and a Credit in a credit/no credit course. So. Goodness there.

As for the externship, I'd been applying, and had some intereviews, and while it wasn't looking like I'd get a paying job, I at least comforted myself with the fact that, while I was still looking, I'd lined up a volunteer spot at a local clinic to fall back on. Well and good, I had my bases covered. My last attempt at a paying job didn't work out - they said the spot might be open as of July, but that's too late to do me any good - and I had one reeeeally nice vet say she'd have taken me, but she already had two of my classmates. *grins wryly* I moved too slow on that one, unfortunately. But she called me a few days later and pointed me to the other possible job, which was really damn nice of her.

But, rambling again. The end result is, no paying job. Okay. So I start trying to get a hold of the person at the clinic who'd said they'd have me on a volunteer basis. I need to set up hours and such. I finally get ahold of them yesterday, while at work. And they promptly back out. I am externshipless. Two *#&@^$ days before I need to start it!

Excuse me while I scramble madly for anyone to take me for said 240 hours between those dates with no goddamn notice, in between working eight hour shifts at Kmart, which tend not to allow for much running to clinics hither and yon, which close mostly at 5 or 6.

*stomps off snarling*

1 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger trespassers william said...

i hope all works out for you, you may not have a lot of time to post as you are going to be pretty busy. but, if you do it would be nice to know if it all works out for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home